Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Halfway There Baby!

At 20 weeks today, I am halfway through my pregnancy and I can hardly believe it! Time is flying by and I know November will be here before we know it! We find out Tuesday morning what precious little #2 will be and Ryan and I are both getting very excited to hear that our baby is healthy and to know the sex! I am definitely growing and think between Uplift at HU and the family reunion this weekend I've packed on about 10 lbs in the last month...so it should be interesting to see what the scale says on Tuesday! Baby has definitely started moving more and more the last few weeks. I felt it for the first time at 15 weeks but as each day passes I feel it a little more, especially when Kinsey happens to be on my lap! With each little kick and nudge, I feel so blessed to have a new life growing inside me...there's truly nothing like it! Thank you God for entrusting us with this child!

20 week baby belly



There are 3 thing that I wanted to try to get Kinsey to do/transition into before November rolls around and the baby is here and so far we've accomplished 2 of the 3 so I am very pleased!

#1) About 2 months ago I cut the tip off of Kinsey's passy and told her the passy was broke. She got mad at first and would just try to chew on it but within a week she didn't even ask for it at all! I was amazed and never thought that getting rid of something she was so attached to would be that easy but it was! Now there were a few rough nights but we made it through, didn't give in, and the little bit of lost sleep was so worth it!

#2) Our big girl has just as easily transitioned to her big girl bed which I'm glad but her nursery is looking more and more sparse and it just saddens me to think how quickly she's growing up! We started taking naps in her big girl bed and she was still sleeping in the crib at night but when we got back from Harding she didn't want to even be laid down in the crib so we put up the bed rail on her big bed and she started sleeping at night in there last week! The only drawback is that she's figured out she can get down and come see us after she's gone to bed : )


#3) We started potty training last week and well it was absolutely exhausting for me but she's catching on and I know I'll be so glad we didn't wait and try to do it after the baby comes! Since we have our Dr. appointment Tuesday morning, Gram and Grandpop offered to keep Kinsey so we just left her in Paris today to stay with them a few nights. Ryan told his mom that we weren't coming back to pick her up until she was potty trained! : ) Of course he was kidding but I'm hoping Gram can work her magic and things will starting clicking for Kinsey over the next few days!

Takin' care of business...

Ready for the Runway!




The best part of baking...licking the beaters!
I can't believe how much our Kinsey has grown up over the past few months! My goal for the next few months is just to enjoy our one on one time together because I know when November rolls around our life will be much busier with a newborn in the house again! We have so much to look forward to! Hopefully I'll get a chance on Tuesday to post some ultrasound pics of our sweet baby boy or girl! Thanks for your prayers!

3 comments:

Louise said...

I'm so glad things are going good for you! You look great and I know that Kinsey is enjoying your time together!!! :)

Lindsey Eason said...

You look adorable - can't wait to hear what baby #2 is! (My guess is BOY!)

Summer said...

Can't wait to find out! I love the picture of Kinsey sleeping!!!