Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We had a rather uneventful Thanksgiving this year compared to last year when Khloe decided to make her debut! And while I wouldn't trade our spunky little girl for anything I was glad to spend the holiday at home! We hosted Thanksgiving this year at our house which was nice because we not only got to spend time with family but we didn't do any traveling! They all came to us and we appreciated that! We are so very blessed and I will forever be grateful to a most wonderful, loving God who continually blesses me and my family!

Callie had the week off so her and Jenny(a college friend) came to see us, or should I say the girls! : ) It took all of about 1 minute for Kinsey to warm up to Jenny and entertain everybody the rest of the afternoon!
Pete and Nana came on Monday night and Kinsey was so excited to see them...I was too : ) It had been over 8 weeks since our last visit so they couldn't wait to see the girls either! They got to spend all week with us. We really enjoyed having them and I know they soaked up every minute with Kinsey and Khloe!



Building a princess castle : )
Nana and Kinsey baked some peppernuts!

Don't you just love her baking outfit!
Shirt - pants + pink slipper boots = the perfect baking attire!




On Wednesday, Kinsey had a special Thanksgiving lunch at preschool and could invite 2 people. Guess who she picked to go with her?? Let's just say it wasn't Ryan and me! Pete and Nana enjoyed taking her and seeing her preschool!









Thanksgiving Day we enjoyed smoked turkey, ham and all the fixin's! Ryan's gotten into smoking meat lately and wanted to try to smoke the turkey this year. I was all for it because it meant I didn't have to fool with the thing!! He went all out and brined it, rubbed it down in a homemade butter rub, and then babysat it on the smoker for about 6 hours! It was so moist and tender and absolutely DELICIOUS!


Ryan and his turkeyHope you all had a great Thanksgiving too!

No comments: