Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 21, 2008

New Baby Must Have's...

Hi blogging friends I need a little help....Ryan and I went to register last week for an upcoming baby shower and I realized that we have no clue what we need or what we're doing for that matter!! So that's where you all come in....what are some things that you would recommend for a new baby or mom or things that have worked for you and your little one?? Any advise or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

We've not been up to too much the last few weeks. We have started to work on the nursery but it's definitely a work in progress. We've picked out some furniture so it's on the way. All in all things are coming together slowly but surely. It's hard to believe that she'll be here in less than 3 months! I'm starting to get a little antsy about getting everything done in time...I know we still have plenty of it but I just keep thinking if she comes early we're not going to be ready!! I'm still feeling great and plan on working as long as I can...I figure I'd get stir crazy sitting at home! We go for our 28 week checkup on Thursday and I'll have to take the sugar test so we're just praying that things continue to keep going well. God has truly blessed us and we are so thankful for all He's given us.

Hope you all have a great week! And thanks in advance for all of your wonderful advise! You guys are the best!

7 comments:

Athen Bradford said...

Once again, my two cents...
What you WON'T need:
Wipe warmer, bottle warmer, ((however if you could find a bottle warmer that works for your car, that DID come in mighty handy)) - gosh I am trying to think... its been a while. What you will need: changing table ((ppl told me no, but I STILL use mine!)), pack-in-play. oh and bumbo! That's all I got for now, after all it is 7:10 AM! ~tiff

tleaf10 said...

Hey Kristin ... in all my parenting experience I would suggest getting a few diapers (just in case), maybe a bottle or two, at least three different outfits, and one towel. After all, they are just tiny people. You will also need a tire swing asap.
-TL

Summer said...

I'm thinking you need a name, because how am I going to get cute monogrammed stuff for your shower if I have no name to work with :-)

Athen Bradford said...

THOUGHT OF ANOTHER! You need a carrier/carseat that hooks on to the stroller... cause NOTHING is worse than having to wake a sleeping baby to take him ((In your case HER)) out of the car, into a stroller or vis versa... there was something else, but I forgot... Yeah, that happens when you have a baby. And yes, a name would be good. I don't think they will let you leave unless you have one...? Oh and get the Baby Einstein collection of DVD's... Athen STILL watches them, they are his FAV!

Adawk said...

I agree with Terri register for nothing but diapers, in all sizes from newborn up...she can grow into them and LOTS of baby wipes. Dont' register for clothes b/c people always give you a ton of those anyway. And I agree with Summer a name so we can refer to her as _____________ instead of "the baby".

Athen Bradford said...

last one, get a baby monitor with the camera in it. Cause when they are 20 months you can watch what they are doing while they are suppose to be sleeping, its very entertaining!

Anonymous said...

Let's see...your baby must have 4-crazy about her grandparents and lots of aunts, uncles, cousins and friends who will be amazed at her every move--oh yeah, you already have them so go with the diapers and wipes..teasets, dolls and all that other girlie stuff you'll sell at a yardsale when all her stuff has outgrown your home! XOSteve & Beverly