Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

Kinsey's 1st Night Away and New Swing

Last weekend Steve and Patsy called to see if they could come take us out to eat on Tuesday night. Callie was in town for her fall break and they were going to be over our way and wanted to stop by so of course we said yes! I had been thinking about letting Kinsey spend the night with them sometime during the week since Callie was there and doesn't get to see her very often. When they called and said they were coming our way I thought it would be the perfect time to see how she would do on her first over night trip away from home without us. After eating at O'Charley's we started saying our goodbye's and she could tell something was up and started crying, so I helped get her buckled in to Grandpop's truck and once they got Baby Einstein's playing she never knew I was gone! They said she did great and I think everyone had a ball, including me! I really enjoyed my 24 hours off...it was so nice knowing I could go to bed and get a full night's rest! I just had some "me" time on Wednesday and did a little shopping. The Blounts dropped Kinsey off at Ryan's work Wed afternoon and they got home around 4 pm. I thought she would be a little happier to see me than she was but she was more interested in playing with her toys! Maybe it was because every time I picked her up she was smothered in kisses : )

Below are just a few pics Callie sent me from her sleepover at Gram and Grandpop's

Too much playing will wear you out!
Talking with Mocha...they are best buds!

On Saturday Ryan worked on getting some lumber up so we could hang Kinsey's swing that she received from Uncle Ashley for her birthday. He made it big enough for us to hang a hammock too! He's such a handy man and does a great job anytime he builds something.


Busy at work...

Kinsey watching Daddy work from her bedroom window.


Almost done...


Swing time! Whee!


Thanks Uncle Ashley and Rachel....I love my new swing!



4 comments:

Summer said...

She's such a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

I am a little envious of the 24 hours off...

Jill said...

Glad you got some "me" time, it is very important! She is so cute!ecubil

Athen Bradford said...

Ok first, really??? ONE already??? wow. and 2nd - even though you had a day/night "off" didn't you find yourself listening for her in the middle of them night, or even thinking you heard her... I know I sure do... and last, I 2nd Summers comment =) Hope to see you guys soon!! Thanks for the encouraging comments and prayers!