Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 11, 2009

So Proud!

I'm going to take a minute and brag on my wonderful husband because I'm really proud of him! Ryan would probably be embarrassed if he knew I was posting this but I'm going to anyway. He's been teaching the teens at church on Wednesday nights for over 2 years now. At times he's gotten a little discouraged because some of them don't take Bible class as seriously as they should and he feels that he might not being getting through to them like he would like to but I've tried to reassure him: 1) a lot of it is their age and 2) they are listening more than he thinks. In just the last few weeks he's been wrapping up a study on the steps of salvation and being baptized. Most of the kids have been baptized but there were a few that hadn't made the decision yet.


This week we've had our gospel meeting at church with a guest speaker that has done a jam up job....very straight forward and to the point gospel preaching! It doesn't get better than that! He's preached on baptism and making sure you're ready for judgment day. Tuesday night on the way home I told Ryan that I had been thinking about Katelyn and Evan (two of the teens in his class that hadn't been baptized) and hoping and praying that they might be touched by one of the lessons this week. Well, God was answering prayers because last night we got to church and found out that Katelyn had decided to be baptized after the service was over! I was so excited for her and her family but hated that we missed being there for the baptism. Although Ryan didn't say much, I think he had a little bit of a sense of accomplishment...all of his work in preparing for Bible class and in planting those seeds in the teens had help to reach a lost soul. I realize that Katelyn's decision to give her life to Christ wasn't solely because of Ryan's Bible class but I'm so proud that he was able to plant those seeds! Whether he realizes it or not the teens really look up to him and enjoy his class. I'm so proud of you Ryan! Keep up the great work! I love you!


I know at times it is easy to get discouraged in our daily Christian walk but we have to remember that we are to plant seeds and water them but ultimately God gives the increase- 1 Cor 3:6. Praise God for loving us enough to send His only Son to earth to suffer and die so that we might live!

2 comments:

Callie said...

I am proud of him too! This isn't the first time he has influenced others for Christ, and I'm sure it's not the last! Thanks for sharing this. I am proud that he's my brother.

Lindsey Eason said...

That is something that has always impressed me about Ryan...his approach to christianity and salvation. I noticed a long time ago how serious his relationship to the Lord was to him and that was one of the reasons I appreciated his friendship with Chad! btw: congrats on becoming an aunt!