Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 17, 2009

All About Kinsey

It's been a while since I've posted all of the new things Kinsey is doing these days so I figured I'd better post them before I forget!! She is 14 months today and as sweet as ever! Her little personality is really starting to shine through! She's so much fun and full of life but can be a little stinker sometimes too! Oh where do I start....

- She is a great eater and will eat anything you give her!

- She knows a few signs: more, please and milk are the ones she does the best. Occasionally she will do water and diaper.

- When she's eating and wants more she'll either yell or use her signs. (We promote signing not yelling.) If she just signs more I ask her if she can 'say,' "more, please" and she'll sign it! (Smart, I know!)

- Last night at church I went to pick her up from class and her teacher said Kinsey started doing the sign for more about half way through Bible class and then starting rubbing her hand over her chest (the sign for please.) Of course they weren't sure what she was trying to tell them but finally Mrs. Michelle asked Kinsey if she wanted a snack and to which Kinsey nodded her little head "yes!" Her teachers thought it was cute and I told them it was a shame we don't feed her!!

- She loves her Daddy and gets so excited when he comes home from work. I usually try to watch for him so I can tell her when he pulls into the driveway. As soon as I mention that I think Daddy is home she takes off toward the front door and then starts to squeal when she finally sees him. It's so cute!

- Ryan and Kinsey chase each other around every night and she just eats it up! He tells her he's going to get her and she'll take off as fast as she can crawl and will just giggle when he catches her! I love watching them together : )

- She can say several words and understands alot of what we say.

- She's started nodding her head "yes" and "no" and can tell us what she wants and doesn't want which is nice to be able to communicate but occasionally she'll jabber away trying to tell us something and then just look at us like "Why can't you understand what I'm saying?"

- She loves her Lammie Pie and passy! They are a must for nap time and bed time.

- She still isn't walking but can crawl faster than anything I've ever seen! As long as she has something to hold on to she will walk all over but she's not yet gained enough confidence to go at it alone.

- She knows some of her body parts and can point to them: head, hair, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, belly, fingers and toes!

Sorry no pictures...I haven't taken any this week. Saturday we are going to see the Rockettes so I should have some pictures to post then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just knew it the moment she was born....A genius! Of course she gets her sign language talent from me (and probably the eating too).
Seriously, I am so proud of all of you. Pete and I can't wait to see you in just 5 days. Love Nana