Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Best Medicine is Grandbabies!

The girls and I traveled to Valdosta last week to be there for mom's surgery. We hadn't seen them since Christmas so it was way past time for the girls to get some lovin' from Pete and Nana! Mom had a little time to spend with the girls before her surgery and soaked up every second of it! Her surgery went great and the biopsy of the mass they removed from her ovary came back benign! Praise God! We are so thankful that she is doing well and this is behind her. (I know she is too!) She does have about 5 more weeks of recovery so if you would keep her in your prayers, I would appreciate it! I am so glad I was able to be there for her to help out after she came home and I know the girls were good medicine for her but I'm positive that she's getting more rest now that we're back home and her house is much quieter : )

Nana reading the new books she bought for Kinsey
Kinsey giving Nana the card and balloon she picked out!

Khloe hanging out with Nana


Kinsey LOVED, LOVED, LOVED playing with Kayden and Brecken! Every morning she would ask if she when she was going to get to see them! It was so much fun watching them play together because they are a mini version of Melissa, Terri and me when we were little!!
A huge thanks to Melissa who gave up her time to keep the girls so I could be at the hospital with Mom until she came home! Granny and Aunt Cathy helped out too and I really appreciate all of them taking such great care of my babies!

Dad was definitely out numbered by women last week but I'm pretty sure he loved every minute of it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house seems too quiet now. Thank you for all you did during my recovery. You're the best. Having the girls here was the best medicine there was for getting better. I am ready to see them again without all the pain meds clouding my thoughts. Love you. Nana

Anonymous said...

HAVING MAJOR WITHDRAWALS!!!!! WANT Y'ALL TO COME BACK SOON!!!!!!