Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 19, 2008

4 Weeks to Go!!

Wow~ I can't believe how fast my pregnancy has flown by! It seems like yesterday when we found out we were expecting. We thought October would never get here and now we have less than 4 weeks until her due date....and that's if she doesn't decide to come early!! We had our 36 week appointment today and everything is still looking good. The Dr. said that she's turned head down and that I'm 1 cm dilated so things are slowly but surely progressing. For the most part I think we're ready...or as ready as we'll ever be besides not having a name but we've waited this long so why should we be in a hurry, right?

Today Ryan had a meeting in Nashville with some of his peers and they had a surprise baby shower for him. He had no idea they were planning anything so it kind of caught him off guard but he was pleasantly surprised. I asked him if he enjoyed opening all the gifts and he said he kind of wished that I had been there because he felt awkward but I'm glad he got all the attention for probably the first time in 9 months!! He deserved it! He enjoyed showing me all of the gifts when we got home. They also got him a D.A.D.D. T-shirt...it stands for Dads Against Daughters Dating. I thought it was too cute because the day we found out we were having a girl one of the first things he said was, "She's not dating til she's at least 30!" I'll have to take a picture of the shirt and post it.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers for my shingles. They are completely healed and really only bothered me for a couple of days. I'm convinced that I had a very mild case and I'm so thankful that that's all I've had to deal with throughout my pregnancy. I've been so blessed with such an easy and uneventful one and I know not all women are that lucky! Now if the labor and delivery will go as smoothly then I'll be set!! I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Thanks for checking in on us....hope you all have a great weekend!

5 comments:

MJN6 said...

Praying for a safe and easy delivery for you and Melissa. Keep us posted. Love you Mrs. Mary Jo

tleaf10 said...

funny t-shirt. I think my dad must be in that club and it's kinda working :) haha!

Patience Lawson said...

Can't wait to hear about lil' baby girl! Good luck on labor and delivery, you can do it, all natural baby! Mind over matter! I predict that you go early!

Summer said...

Time flies when you are having fun! Praying for these next few weeks and the delivery :-)

Bev said...

Kristen, I'm sure you and Ryan think you are ready--it's the Blount's and the Horne's I am concerned about! One little girl baby and four people who are going to want to hold her all the time, maybe you should have had quadruplets? Best wishes for a short, painfree delivery, yeah right! but hope all goes quickly and well for you. Love you, Steve&Bev