Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 28, 2010

5 Years = Minivan Mom

May 27th Ryan and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary! It's really hard to believe that it has already been 5 years and if the next 5 go as fast as these have #10 will be here before we know it! God has blessed us and our marriage more than than we could have ever imagined and I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful Christian man and to call my husband! Ryan is such a hard worker and does an amazing job providing for our family! I feel so blessed to be able to have him as my best friend and partner to walk through this life with! These are a few of my favorite pics from our special day!


Seeing each other for the 1st time : )

Our wedding party

Mr. and Mrs. Blount











We've been saving up to buy a minivan before November when baby #2 comes and had planned on getting one closer to the end of summer but instead Ryan bought me one for our anniversary! When we got married, Dad and mom gave us the '99 GMC Jimmy they bought for me when I was a junior at Harding. We've had lots of wonderful memories in that car and it's really been very good to us! Ryan and I decided that we would drive it until the wheels fell off (not having a car payment was nice!) Well the wheels are still attached but at 206,000+ miles it was time to trade it in when the air conditioner went out and it started blowing smoke out of the air vents!! It started this last weekend so after tossing around whether or not to try to fix the air or just trade it in we finally decided it was time to say goodbye and buy a van.

Goodbye Jimmy!


Now I was one of those when I was in high school and college who said I would NEVER drive a minivan but that was before I had kids and well things change! Even though it does make me feel a little old : ( I really do love our "new to us" Honda Odyessy and know I will love all of the room it provides! So I guess it's official I'm a proud "minivan mom!" Woo, hoo!!

1 comment:

Athen Bradford said...

awww... mini van. Reminds me of good times in my mom's gold one.... haha. We could fit all of the highschool gang in there, good times, good times.