Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2 Months!

Our sweet baby girl is 2 months old today! It seems like she's growing by the minute and doing something new everyday! What a joy she's been to our lives the 2 short months we've had her! She's such a blessing and we're so thankful that God has given us such a precious gift!

Things I want to remember about our Kinsey at 2 months:

-She's such an easy going baby. She only fusses when she's hungry or tried.
-She greets me every morning with a sweet smile when she sees my face : ) It just melts my heart!
-She smiles and coos all the time now...especially when we talk to her!
-Her hair is getting lighter; I think she might be a blond headed baby like her daddy!
-She's still got pretty blue eyes but I think they will change...we'll see!
-Everyone says she looks like her daddy but one of Ryan's co-workers said that she's starting to look more like me : )
-She sleeps like her daddy too! When she's out, she's out! Right now she's sleeping from 10 pm to about 4:30 - 5 am. I feed her when she wakes and she goes right back to sleep until about 8 am.
-She loves to be swaddled when she sleeps! Sometime she'll wake up in the middle of the night if she gets her hands out of the swaddle and I'll have to re-swaddle her before she'll go back to sleep!
-She loves her Fisher Price musical fish aquarium on her crib. I'll turn it on when I put her down to sleep and she's out! When she's awake she'll watch it for hours!

We went back to the pediatrician today for her checkup and to get shots. I was really curious to see how much she'd grown since last time and boy has she! Kinsey weighed in at 12 lbs 15 oz (which is in the 80th percentile) so I'm sure by the time I feed her tonight she'll be a whopping 13 lbs! What a chunky monkey! She's grown quite a bit in length too at 24 inches...I guess she just comes by it naturally! Her length was in the 87th percentile and her head circumference was in the 50th percentile. Ryan said that if her head was just in the 50th percentile that it was one thing that she didn't get from him...he's got a big noggin'! All was going well until it was shot time...that was no fun! Not that I was expecting it to be but I cried more than I thought I would! I knew I'd get teary eyed but I think I cried almost as hard as Kinsey!! She did great though...she's such a trooper! After the nurse was done we gave her her pacifier and she was fine. I gave her a bottle in the car on the way home and she fell asleep and is just snoozing away now!
Kinsey's battle wounds...

5 comments:

tleaf10 said...

I don't know EXACTLY how you feel - but pretty close. When I had to watch them take blood from Brecken's head, I thought I would be fine - after all, it ain't my baby:) - Boy was I wrong. When I saw that look on her face, the tears came pretty fast. I kept them inside my eye area but it was tough. That last pic is hilarious!

Gena Horne said...

Oh, seeing those bandaids made me sad...then I saw the next picture and busted out laughing..Christmas photos are GREAT!

Callie B. said...

We LOVE the Christmas pics! Hard to say which one I like best! The shot picture made me sad- I wish I could have gone through it for her! But I am glad that's over for her. Can't wait to see you all!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the last picture!

Anonymous said...

nice if she didn't have that nappy on