Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy #27 to ME!

Yesterday I celebrated my 27th birthday! It was a pretty uneventful day, which was fine with me, but a good one! Ryan & Kinsey had a few cards he left for me around the house and I received lots of phone call from friends and family and a mailbox full of cards! Thursday morning the library has story time for Kinsey's age so we went to that and by the time we got home we were both wiped out so I put Kinsey down for a nap and I curled up in the recliner and took a little one myself! After about an hour Kinsey woke up so I went and got her and usually I'll rock her and we'll snuggle for a minute or two after she gets up from a nap until she's ready to get down and play. Well....she fell back to sleep laying on my chest and slept for another hour and a half!! She never naps that long!! I enjoyed rocking and holding her...it's something that we don't get to do that often anymore so I treasured those precious few moments! I couldn't think of a better gift that she could have given me!

We had a great afternoon and finally got to get outside and try out her tricycle she got for Christmas since the weather finally decided to warm up a little! When Ryan got home he gave Kinsey a piece of paper to give me....it was a gift certificate from both of them to a really nice spa in town for the works--a massage, a facial, lunch, and a foot massage/pedicure! I am so excited and can't wait to go get pampered!! We went to Logan's for dinner and they somehow lost my steak so they ended up giving us our meal for free which was nice it just took 2 hours to get it!

All in all I had a fabulous day and feel so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends! I feel like this year will be the best ever and I'm looking forward to seeing what God has planned for me! Like becoming a new aunt!! With that in mind, please keep Gena, Aaron and baby Ella in your prayers. Gena is scheduled to be induced on Tuesday the 19th. I know they would covet your thoughts and prayers this next week as they go through labor and delivery of their first child and then as they adjust to parenthood!

Sorry no pictures today...maybe next time! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

5 comments:

Lindsey Eason said...

Sounds like a great day - and glad you got some extra cuddle time with your sweet little cuddle bug. Happy Birthday!

Louise said...

Glad you had a great birthday!!! :)

Gena Horne said...

Loved this post, I keep reminding myself to treasure every second with Ella when she arrives, because I've seen how fast Kayden, Brecken, Kinsey and Autumn have grown and I'm like "Wait....slow down!!!" I appreciate the comment about praying for us-we love you and can't wait for you to be an Aunt!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet cousin and friend! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Athen Bradford said...

Happy Birthday!! (a little late on here but I hit you up on FB too =)