Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thankful

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments, thoughts, and prayers! I can't express how much they mean to Ryan and me during this time!
Our Dr. appointment yesterday afternoon went very well, or I guess I should say as well as we could have hoped for. Ryan and I were both quite anxious and emotional of course. The ultrasound confirmed as we had suspected, that I had miscarried, but it did show that I had already passed most everything so there was no need for a D&C and for that I am extremely grateful! Praise God! After the ultrasound, we met with my doctor who was very professional but compassionate and understanding too. She did a wonderful job at answering all of our questions and making us feel tons better! After almost a week of not knowing for sure what exactly was going on, Ryan and I were both just ready for some answers, no matter what they were, and when we left we both felt like a huge burden had been lifted off of our shoulders! Like I said in the last post, this isn't at all what we wanted but God knows what is best for us and what was best for our baby! I am so thankful that He takes care of us and watches over us the way He does and that He's always with us!


Ryan and I have always had a strong marriage but going through this together has definitely made us stronger. I really don't know what I would ever do without Ryan; he has been my rock over the past week and I don't think I would have made it through without him by my side! His strength, faith, and positive attitude have kept me going. He is truly one in a million and I thank God for blessing me with such an amazing husband!


I realize that it's going to just take time to heal and deal with the loss of our baby. And I've come to realize that I'm going to have moments that I brake down and cry and wonder why but that it's okay and that it's all part of the process. Anytime I do start to get down I just think about all of the many, many things I have to be thankful for and doing that seems to lift my spirits again. It's funny how when you start to count your blessings, like the songs says, you realize just how much God has truly given you! And with that I'm going to end the post a list of some of the things I'm most thankful for...


-an amazing Heavenly Father who knows me by name, cares for me, hears my every cry and who loved me enough to sacrifice His only Son so that I might live


-the many freedoms we enjoy in this wonderful country we live


-my sweet, healthy, beautiful Kinsey Mae! She truly is the joy of my life!


-my amazing husband...they don't come any better than him!


-a healthy family


-our ability to get pregnant easily


-the most wonderful family and friends who love us and care for us


-a great church family


-the many material blessings God gives us everyday....Ryan's good job, good health care and insurance, food, our nice little house, closets full of clothes, dependable vehicles to drive


Thank you all again for all of your love and support! Please continue to keeps us in your prayers as we heal. What's a post without a picture right!? I started not to post this but it's just too cute not to post. She was ready to call everyone and tell them that she was going to be a Big Sister! Lord willing, Kinsey will get to wear her shirt again soon! I know one day she will make a great one!

7 comments:

Summer said...

You are an amazing woman! And hopefully she will be calling around with good news very soon.

Adawk said...

I am so sorry, I know and understand your pain. You will get through this and will be stronger b/c of it!! Love you:)

Paper Art Diva-Stephanie Daughtrey said...

We love you and you will be in our prayers! The Daughtrey's

Anonymous said...

I am glad you both have some peace of mind now. I wanted to call yesterday, but wanted to give you guys some time. I will try to catch up with you tomorrow. I love you.

Athen Bradford said...

I have been thinking and praying for you over the past couple of days... and you are so right, we all get down but just need to stop. take a moment. and count those blessings.... they are plentiful!!!

Jill said...

Thinking and praying for you all. Love ya bunches!

Lindsey Eason said...

You are truly blessed - and I'm humbled by ya'lls attitude throughout all of this. We love you guys and are praying for you. Btw: love the pic of Kinsey...she's such a cutie-pie!