Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 15, 2009

Mom's Big Debut

My mom's a movie star!! Just kidding but she did make it on the local news this week. She's is an educational interpreter for a deaf student at one of the high school's where she lives. The student she interprets for plays on the football team and channel 6 news decided to do a story on him so she was right there ready to interpret the interview. Even though she wasn't crazy about being on TV she did great! Here's the link to the story:

http://www.wctv.tv/sports/headlines/44907972.html#comments

(For some reason it won't let me add it as a link so you'll just have to copy and paste it. Sorry!)

I'm going to take just a minute to brag because I'm so proud of mom and everything that she has accomplished with her carrer as an interpreter. She started taking interpreting classes when we I was in high school at a community college nearby. (It was the only school that had a program at the time.) Shortly after she graduated from there the university in town started a program so she jumped on board and earned her college degree. What I'm most proud of is that she recently passed her national exam and is now a Nationally Certified Interpreter. Way to go mom! It's not been the easiest road for her but she never gave up and all of her years of hard work have finally paid off! I am so proud of you and love you lots!!

4 comments:

Athen Bradford said...

Way to go Cindy! I remember when you first started... boy, time flies!!

Jill said...

I am so proud of your Mom too...way to go Cindy. I just would not have thought of this going to the football field,,,amazing! I have a friend that works with the blind, Mary Jane Washknock, bet you know her! Once again....way to go!

Callie said...

That was a good story. Good job Cindy!

Summer said...

That is really cool!