Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 5, 2008

The Countdown Begins!

Wow! Time is just flying by! I can't believe on Wednesday I'll be 17 weeks along. We had our 4 month checkup on Friday and it went great! The Dr. found baby's heartbeat and even though I listen to it everyday with the doppler that Ryan bought me it never gets old! When the Dr. found the heartbeat the baby started moving around and she said, "Sounds like you've got a wild one!" I guess we'll see! She answered a few questions I had and we were on our way! We were in and out in 20 minutes...it doesn't get better than that! I am really please with my Dr. and all of the nurses at the office. They are the best! Ryan has been really impressed with them too!
We go back on May 30th to find out if it's a boy or a girl! YEAH!! Just 25 days to go and Ryan and I can hardly stand it! We are also anxious to find out what baby Hicks is on the 28th. That will be an exciting week for our family! God is so good and has truly blessed us!

After our appointment on Friday we headed to east TN to visit the Blount's. We had a wonderful relaxing weekend & really enjoyed the visit. Saturday morning we slept in and then headed to the movies after lunch to see Made of Honor. It was the first girly movie I'd seen in a while so I really enjoyed it! It was super cute. After the movie we made our first trip to Baby's R Us. It was a little overwhelming at first to say the least because the store was gigantic but it was fun to look around at all the cute baby stuff and get a few ideas for the baby's room. We just hung out on Saturday night & visited. I found the baby's heartbeat a few times over the weekend which the Blount's loved! Like I said before it never gets old!

We had a great weekend but like always it's never long enough. Now is back to the work week! Thankfully I just have 4 days this week because I'm taking Friday off to head out to Harding for Ashley's graduation on Saturday! I can't believe he's already been out there for 4 years! I'm looking forward to seeing friends and spending time with the family.

Hope you all have a great week! Thanks for checking in on us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to talk to you, I am so anxious for the 28th and the 30th. If I could pay someone to do an ultrasound now, I would.

Adawk said...

It is so exciting finding out what the baby is it makes it feel so much more real...plus you can reaaly start shopping then

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to find out what Baby Blount will be. Even though it can be overwhelming you will have so much fun picking out all the baby stuff and you will think, "How does someone so small need so much stuff?"
Love ya

LaurieR said...

Congratulations! You look terrific and I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see if it's a boy or a girl!