Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 8, 2010

Exciting but Uneventful Weekend

Friday night about 8:30 I realized I was having some pretty regular contractions so I sat down and starting timing them while watching a little TV. They were about 8-10 minutes apart and lasted anywhere from 45 seconds to a minute so wondered if I might be in early labor but knew if I was then I better try to get some rest! The contractions weren't painful but they did feel like they were getting a little stronger. I went to bed around 10 but after lying in bed wide awake for over 2 hours, I decided to get up and time the contractions to see if they were getting closer. By the time I finally started getting tired at 2:00 am, they were about 4 minutes apart and still lasting about 45 seconds to a minute or so. When I went back to bed, Ryan woke up and asked how I was doing and I told him that I thought this might be "it"! We both were getting excited but I knew I really needed some sleep because we most likely had a long day ahead of us. So of course since I only had a few hours sleep Kinsey decided to get up at 5 am!! Needless to say I was a little sleep deprived but got up and the contractions were still coming. I called mom and dad and told them they might want to started getting packed and be on "stand-by." I went for a walk and the contractions got stronger and were still regular so I thought surely I wouldn't have regular contractions for over 12 hours and this not be the real thing! I called mom and dad back about 10 am and told them to head this way we were pretty sure Khloe was on the way! Ryan called his family and they started getting their things together too! We were all getting excited! Ryan and I went for a few more laps around the neighborhood Saturday afternoon and that really got the contractions going and they were getting uncomfortable so we were just waiting for my water to break or for the contractions to get strong enough that I couldn't talk through them. Well Saturday night rolled around and neither had happened...at this point I was so exhausted-mentally, emotionally and physically! By this time, I had been having contractions for about 24 hours and really thought it couldn't be false labor, could it?!?. I went to bed about 7:30 and was really expecting something to happen Saturday night or Sunday morning. With Kinsey my contractions didn't really start getting uncomfortable until after my water broke so I just kept praying if it was time for Khloe to come my water would break and so things would really start progressing. I started feeling bad for telling mom and dad to head this way when it was looking like she wasn't going to come! Nothing like making an 8 hour drive (1 way) expecting to meet your new grand-daughter and then her not come! I was able to get some rest Saturday night and when I got up Sunday morning I was still having contractions but they weren't quite as regular as they had been and by yesterday afternoon they had pretty much died down and were very sporadic! To say I was a little disappointed would be an understatement! It was good to see mom and dad though and to spend the day with them! Kinsey was so excited to see them and after they left this morning she kept asking, "Pete and Nana go?" I just kept telling her that they had to go back to GA but would be back when Khloe really decided to come!

I feel good today and am still having a few contractions here and there but I guess she's decided to stay put for a while longer. I go back to the Dr. on Wednesday morning so I am very interested to see if all the contractions I had this weekend made any progress....I sure hope so!

Thanks to everyone who called and text to check on us! Sorry for the false alarm! If you don't mind, keep those thoughts and prayers coming. We really appreciate them all! Hopefully I'll have some exciting news on Wednesday...I'll keep you updated!

1 comment:

Lindsey Eason said...

We were thinking about you guys this weekend - we had heard you were in labor and we're expecting a phone call! Khloe is already spicin' things up, isn't she?! lol! She'll be hear before you know it - try and enjoy the last few days before she arrives!!!